Dear Friends, wnypeace.org 716-332-3904 or 716-931-3520
Get Ready! Join the WNYPC on these National Days of Action!
April 4th – Remembering Rev. Dr. King: the Riverside Speech – 50 years later
April 15th – Tax Solidarity March
April 22nd – Buffalo March for Science
April 29th – People’s Solidarity Climate Movement for Peace
May 3rd – World Free Press Day – No Press, No Freedom
May 6th – Immigrant Solidarity March
Go to our website, wnypeace.org , for details and developments.
We shall overcome!! Si, se puede!! Peace, Thanks, Solidarity, and yes Love.
ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE TASKFORCE
Transitioning NY State to 100% Renewables by 2030
Sunday, April 2, 2017, 7 pm.
Speakers: Mark Dunlea, Chair of the Green Education and Legal Fund (GELF) will present update on state efforts around renewable energy.
Betta Broad, Outreach Director, New Yorkers for Clean Power will talk about Electric Vehicles (EV) in New York State.
At Network of Religious Communities, 1272 Delaware Ave, Buffalo NY. Entrance and parking are around the back.
Tuesday, April 4th:
*ALL DAY RADIO SHOW Talking Peace re Remembering Rev. Dr. King
10am – 6pm. Listen at 91.3 FM WBNY. I
3/17/2017 (716-332-3904 or 716-931-3520 for more info)
The National Days of Action Planning has been rescheduled for Thursday, March 23, at 6pm at WNYPC, NRC Building, 1272 Delaware Ave. (entrance & parking round back). See below (under Peaceful Conflict Resolution) for more info.
Many, many thanks to Paul Swisher, Paul Yates, George Puleo, Greg
Opalinski, David Kane, Myron Deputat, Jack Prybyeski, Jim Linsner, Frank
Pusateri, and the Dooleys!! Our fun(d)raiser 4-7pm at the Sportsmen’s
Tavern was a rousing success. The MPP – Major Progress Program – brought
together wonderful people, great music, and excellent support for the
WNYPC! We couldn’t be more grateful, and hope to have an MPP again before
long!! Again, great all round!!
As usual many announcements follow. See you out there!
Peace/Salam/Shalom/Shanti! Nya weh/Asanti/Gracias/Tashakor/Thanks!!
ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE TASKFORCE
* Sun, March 19 – Significant Impact Walk. Visit local landowners who face eminent domain by NAPL. Contact Joe Gibson, Clean Air Council, firstname.lastname@example.org , (716)444-6427. Volunteer videographers and photographer welcome. Bring a picnic and your musical talents and celebrate the last day of winter together! Dress warmly.
* Mon, March 20 – Please join us for the WBNY Environmental (incl Talking Peace) A day long radio show with speakers, Jack Kanack, Lynda Schneekloth, Joanne Hamiester, Bob Cielsieski, Charley Bowman, and many more! For a complete listing, WNYPeace.org , event page.
Those who are out of town can receive the broadcast via the internet at wbny.buffalostate.edu – click on the “listen now!” button under the 91.3 or http://tunein.com/radio/WBNY-913-s27549/
The show will be rebroadcasted on Monday, April 3, 2017 from 10 AM to 6 PM.
* Weds, March 22, 6-8pm Coexisting with Coyotes! Grand Island; Huth Road
Elementary School (1773 Huth Road, Grand
Dear Friends, 3/12/17 716-332-3904 or 716-931-3520 for more info
Hope you’re ready for a busy day! We hope you’ll come out to our
fun(d)raiser 4-7pm at the Sportsmen’s Tavern to hear great music while
supporting the WNYPC!:
* MPP – Major Progress Program: A Benefit Concert for the WNY Peace
Center! Sun, March 12, 4-7pm, Sportsmen’s Tavern, 326 Amherst St.,
Buffalo. ($10). Paul Yates, George Puleo, Greg Opalinski, Paul Swisher,
David Kane, Myron Deputat, Jack Prybyeski, Jim Linsner, Frank Pusateri,
and special guest the Dooleys.
And before that, we hope you’ll make it (again today) to
* “Journey of the Universe” showing, 2-4pm, Burchfield-Penney Art Center,
1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo. Come see this award-winning documentary about
how our beautiful planet came to be. Organized by the Interfaith Climate
* 4pm Riverside-Salem UCC/DC progressive program and potluck. This week
White Privilege exploration. 3449 West River Road, Grand Island.